Day 1 Arrive in Lhasa (alt. 3600m)
Welcome to the “Roof of the World.” On your arrival to Tibet, we will meet you at the airport or train station and transfer you to the hotel, after you check in, you could either rest a bit or see the city yourself, get the first impression of this ancient city!
Day 2 Tour of Lhasa [B]
This morning you'll wind your way up through the stunning, awe-inspiring Potala Palace. Built in 637 AD by Songtsen Gampo, it was the former winter residence for the Dalai Lamas and is truly a splendor of Eastern architecture. Next, visit the Jokhang Temple, the center of Tibetan Buddhism, also built in the 7th century on the legendary pond of "Wothang." Later after lunch, witness the famous debate sessions by the monks at Sera Monastery. And finish the day by taking a Kora around the Barkhor. Test your bartering skills with the locals in this push-and-shove economy.
Day 3 Drive to Shigatse via Gyantse [B]
In the morning you'll start the drive to Shigatse, via Gyantse on the Southern Friendship Highway.
Crossing over the summit of Kamba La (4794 m), you'll see the tranquil turquoise waters of below; one of the three holiest lakes in Tibet. Far in the distance you'll spot the towering massif Mt. Nojin Kangtsang (7191 m), and the staggering Karo-la Glacier (5045 m). Afterwards, you'll drive to Shigatse, and overnight there.
Tips: After you arrive in Shigatse, our guide will take your passport to process the PSB permit to Everest Area, it will take few mins (pending the queue at the office), and you may either wait in the vehicle or just walk around. The application could be arranged next morning alternatively.
Day 4 Tashilumpu Monastery & Drive to Shegar [B]
This morning you'll have a chance to visit Tashilumpu Monastery, the home of the Panchen Lama, which is essentially a walled town with cobbled and twisting lanes that revolve around a magnificent monastery. Then be driven to Shegar via Gyatsola Mountain Pass, rest and prepared for Everest! Tips: More time to explore: the local free market- the largest souvenir market in Shigatse, could be a pretty good choice.
Day 5 Shegar – Rongbuk Monastery – Mt. Everest Base Camp
Depart from Shegar in the early morning, and drive straight to Rongbuk Monastery (optional), the highest monastery in the world, then the remaining 8 km to visit Everest Base Camp. This afternoon you will have the intoxicating view of Mt. Everest. Overnight in local guesthouse or tent.
Day 6 Mt. Everest Base Camp & forward to Old Tingri
Wake this morning below the stunning north face of Mt. Everest, (8848) the tallest mountain on earth. After breakfast, drive forward to Old Tingri, where you could enjoy the fabulous views of the 4 peaks above 8,000 meters on earth including Mt. Everest, Luozi, Makalu, Zhuoayou, which are all competing to stand up higher than other peaks on earth.
Day 7 Transfer to Kodari Border and see off [B]
In the morning, transfer to the Kodari Border, our guide will help you go through the formalities of China Customs and apply for your Nepali visa, then you need to cross the Friendship Bridge to Nepali side by yourself.
1. Airport or train station transfer: The free airport pick-up is at 3:20 p.m. and see off is at 12:00 p.m. These are the most common times in and out of Lhasa, but if you would like to schedule a different time enter/leave Tibet we will be happy to arrange for you. Please ask your travel consultant for the price.
2. Accommodation: 5 nights stay in comfortable 3 star hotels in Tibet; 2 night stay nearby EBC in tent or guesthouse according to the weather.
3. Meals: Breakfast only. See detailed itinerary for complete listing.
4. English Speaking Guide: All of our guides are local Tibetans with infectious smiles and a passion for sharing their homeland. From them you’ll receive extensive information about the history, geography, culture, religion, traditions, art and music.
5. Vehicle Rental & Driver: All of our vehicles are well maintained and safe. Our drivers are experienced in driving in the Tibetan landscape. Vehicle type will be arranged according to group size.
6. Travel Permits: All Tibet traveling permits.
7. Entrance Fees: All entrance fees listed in the itinerary, (except optional sites) including vehicle and personal entry permit for Everest Nature Preserve
1. Transportation to and from Tibet.
2. Other services of non-Tibet parts
3. Private expense like laundry, IDD calls, drinks in the room, etc.
4. Extra expenses incurred due to unexpected natural events (delays, road washouts, etc.)
5. Meals not specified in the tour itinerary
6. Tips for the tour guide and driver