On this unforgettable tour, you’ll learn what forever means when you see the never-ending Tibetan landscape. Let yourself be swept up by the bustling streets of Lhasa as you immerse yourself in this holy, venerable city. This tour will also invite you into the home of a Tibetan, and the secret world of a Tibetan’s life, untarnished by the media, will come into full perspective. Take a break from the city by enjoying a short hike around the crystal waters of Lake Yamdrok, and after, you’ll have an opportunity to explore the Tashilunpho Monastery, the holy seat of the Panchen Lama. This tour also takes you up to the Mt. Everest; there you’ll see breathtaking sunset and sunrise vistas above the peak of Mount Qomolangma.
Day 1 Arrival at airport and transfer to the hotel in Tsedang
Have a good rest and better drink more water.
Day 2 Yumbulakang /Trundruk monastery
Located by Yarlung Valley, is the capital of Shannan Prefecture. It's reputed as "the cradle of Tibetan Civilization. In the afternoon, visit Yumbulakang Palace and Trundruk Monastery. Overnight at Tsedang.
Day 3 Samye Monastery /Chim-puk hermitage / Tsedang
Morning, drive about 50 km to Samye Monastery, which is the first temple built in Tibet owning all the three Buddhist treasures of Buddha, Dharma and Monks. Afterwards, have a tour to Chim-puk Hermitage, which is north-east of Samya monastery. It is a warren of caves that was once a retreat for Guru Rinpoche. Today, overnight in Tsedang.
Day 4 Tsedang/Gyantse
Up to Kambala pass which is 4794m high, you will have a glimpse of Yamdrok-tso there. It is one of the three holy lakes in Tibet. Then drive back to chushul, along Nepal friendship way to Gyantse, visit the famous stupa - Gyantse Kumpum, the most stunning architectural wonder in Tibet.
Day 5 Gyantse/ Shigatse / Sakya /Lhatse
Morning drive to Shigatse, about 90km from Gyantse. Visit Tashilunpo Monastery and the spectacular tombs of Panchen Lamas in Shigatse, then drive to visit Sakya Monastery. Overnight at Lhatse.
Day 6 Lhatse/ Rongphu Monastery / E.B.C/ Lhatse
Early morning start driving to Rongphu via Shegar, some parts of the road is with constructions. On the way you will cross over Gyatsola Pass at 5,220 m, which is the highest enroute, and from the pass you will see the Himalaya mountain ranges in a clear day. After the fabulous sunrise view there at the Mt. Everest and visiting the base camp, drive back to Lhatse.
Day 7 Lhatse / Lhasa
Same way back to Lhasa and same good view along another road.
Day 8 leave Lhasa and tour ends
Departure transfers for the train or the airport, tour service ends.
1. Tibet travel permit and all other necessary permits to Tibet;
2. All entrance ticket fees for all tourist sites listed in the itinerary;
3. Personal knowledgeable English-speaking Tibetan local tour guide;
4. Personal comfortable, clean and safe vehicle with reliable Tibetan local driver; vehicle ranging from 4WD land cruiser to minibus depending on your group size;
5. All lodging listed in the itinerary; it’s your decision about the accommodation class: luxury 5-star international hotel, comfortable 4-star hotel, economic 3-star hotel or budget hostel, guesthouse or tent. Please tell us your accommodation preference when submitting the enquiry; we will arrange the best-value hotels for you.
1. Chinese visa (Note: we could help you with the Chinese visa application, like providing the invitation letter, presenting the hotel or domestic flight reservation copies, etc that you may need. )
2. Domestic flight/train not listed in the itinerary. (We can provide you the domestic flight/train ticket booking service at the BEST discount price; please contact us our travel experts for the details.)
3. Meals not specified in the itinerary; usually it costs about USD3-15 per person for one meal in TAR (Tibet Autonomous Region).
4. Tips and gratitude to tour guide and driver;
5. Personal expenses, like laundry, phone call, snacks, soft drinks (please do the best to avoid the alcoholic beverages during your Tibet trip), optional tour activities, etc.